Admission procedure step by step
- Please check our website, the description of the Study Programme and the Admission Requirements.
- Decision made? You may open your application account:
- Choose your Study Programme, fill out your application and apply!
- After you apply, send these documents to the contact person via email:
- Scanned copy of your Master’s Degree diploma or Ph.D. diploma and transcript of record.
- Scan of your passport
- Pay the application fee (by credit card or online transaction via Flywire) otherwise your application will not be processed.
- Apply for the recognition of your previous study (Master’s Degree education) – choose between these two options:
- Nostrification (general recognition of your education acknowledged by all universities in the Czech Republic) – relatively long procedure organised either by a regional authority or authorised university, costs 3 000 CZK (approx. 120 EUR);
- Simple recognition - processed directly by our Rectorate for the purpose of application procedure at our University only, costs around 800 CZK (approx. 32 EUR).
- If you do not have any of the recognitions issued, you need to apply for one of them – if you are not applying for other universities in the Czech Republic, we advise to consider the “simple recognition”. Follow this link for more information.
- We strongly recommend applying for the recognition of your previous study immediately after receiving your diploma.
- You will be invited to an interview.
- Passed the interview successfully? Congratulations! You are recommended to be accepted.
- After your previous study is recognised we will prepare the documents which will be necessary for the process of obtaining your visa.
- Visa process for non-EU citizens might take up to 2 months. Immediately after receiving your visa you can schedule your arrival to Ostrava and your enrollment.
Updated: 31. 01. 2023