Pre-conference workshop “Methods in fluvial geomorphology 2022”
Dear registered workshop participants,
We are happy to announce that the 2nd ČAG-ASG Workshop focused on field survey methods, data acquisition and processing in fluvial geomorphology will be held before the ČAG-ASG conference State of Geomorphological Research in 2022.
The workshop will take place in the conference venue, Horní Bečva (Hotel Duo) on May 17 – 18, 2022.
Workshop is organized and lead by researchers of the Department of Physical Geography and Geoecology, Faculty of Science, University of Ostrava and Institute of Geography, Slovak Academy of Sciences.
The general aim of the workshop is the demonstration of modern methods and their application in fluvial-geomorphic research. Modern research in fluvial geomorphology requires an integrated approach to answer the questions on river behaviour. The workshop will be focused on selected methods, commonly used by the organizers from the University of Ostrava and the Slovak Academy of Sciences during their research. The workshop is addressed to those students and young researchers who are dealing with river systems, hydrology or river restorations, but also to those, who want to broaden their skills and meet new colleagues.
Workshop program is focused on:
- basic field survey of river flow and river channels (sediment size parameters, cross-sectional geometry);
- methods of bedload transport modelling using different tools (BAGS software, Bedload Tool, web applications for bedload modelling, etc.);
- basics of optical granulometry and related software (Sedimetrics, BaseGrain, Pebblecounts);
- quantification of channel stability and relations between the hydraulic and sedimentological parameters;
- assessment of maximum flood discharges from palaeostage indicators;
- demonstration of PIT tag monitoring for the evaluation of sediment transport;
The workshop is free of charge. The participants will however pay the accommodation and meals in Hotel Duo (same conditions as for the Conference – see details here). Participants are accommodated in Retro rooms.
- gumboots or good boots for staying in shallow water
- outdoor clothes (in case of sunny weather, we recommend to cover your head and use sunscreen, in case of rainy weather raincoat or waterproof clothes)
- own laptop
- camera or smartphone with a good camera for photography
Detailed program of the workshop:
Workshop 1st Circular 0,57 MB
Workshop 2nd Circular 1,57 MB
Workshop 3nd Circular 1,84 MB
Updated: 16. 05. 2022