Bachelor‘s Degree In Mathematics
The study comprises the combination of pure mathematics based on mathematical theories and applied mathematics useful in many areas of life. You will look into trends in mathematical research, get to the heart of calculus, algebra, statistics, and number theory, and a wide door will be open for you to study applied mathematics including applied computer science, statistics, and data processing.
Why study Mathematics at the University of Ostrava?
- competent and friendly teachers
- close cooperation with the Department of Informatics and Computers → you can obtain education in the field of both mathematics and partially informatics too
- possibility to become a member of a research group and/or participate in various scientific conferences and international competitions
- possibility to study within the Erasmus+ programme (within and outside the EU) - list of Partner Universities) and within VIA programme.
- access to a university library its modern premises and online sources
- individual approach throughout the entrance and visa process
- affordable tuition 65,000 CZK (approx. 2600 EUR)
- all students are legally allowed to find a (part time) job
- online classes in case of some force majeure circumstances
- Ostrava is a safe, green, compact city with affordable cost of living
- English friendly environment, open atmosphere)
Requirements for Bachelor’s Degree Study Programme
- Completed full secondary education.
- delivering a motivational video in English (to the designated UO cloud).
- B1/B2 English language level (no certificate required)
Any questions? Let us know!
Faculty of Science – Dean's Office
International Student Services Specialist
Phone: +420 731 094 750, +420 553 46 2113
Updated: 31. 10. 2023